The response to our art “resale” was so good that BACC is rehanging the art work from our Members’ private collections. Eclectic and enticing, an array of styles, different periods and mediums, with prices ranging from $25 to $3500.
Truly something for everyone! Do not miss this unique opportunity to acquire art.
March 26 thru April 13. You do not have to be a BACC Member to purchase art.
We always open the season with one of our favorite shows! Our very own BF art students display their works. A silent auction generates proceeds, 100% of which go to a Bigfork family in need, chosen by the students themselves. The exhibit opens Tuesday March 12 and runs thru Saturday March 23. Artist Reception – free to everyone – is Wednesday, March 20, 5pm to 7pm. For more information, call BACC.
Gail D. Hansen’s Delicacy
Back at BACC by popular demand. Artist’s Choice is an exhibition featuring some 30+ Montana artists. Last year, BACC’s Art Director chose 13 artists for the exhibit. Then, she asked those artists to choose an artist to exhibit alongside them. Artists chose their mentors, their students, or simply an artist they admire. Most of the artists have returned to this year’s show. This year the artists that were “chosen” last year are choosing an artist to exhibit with them. Don’t miss this dynamic and inspiring exhibition.
Participating artists include:
Rob Akey, Carl Ambrose, Lauren Arsen, Dana Beradinis, Julie Christopher, Francesca Droll, Pattee Fenn, Jill Gotschalk, Lauren Grabelle, Lael Gray, Penny Hall, Gail D. Hansen, Drew Hubatsek, Tabby Ivy, William Jasper, Allen Jimmerson, Celestia Kierkegaard, Robert Korenberg, Tom Lewis, Lynon Lohof, Jeff Manion, Elizabeth Michaelson, Darlene Morgan, Debra Pollard, Jeanette Rehahn, Joanne Sleadd, Robin Sorg, Marilyn Theis, and Sally Vannoy.
Uncommon Threads is a celebration of the fiber arts featuring: crochet, knitting, needlepoint, weaving, embroidery, felting, quilting, and many other fiber forms. Artists to be announced.
The exhibit will also feature BACC’s third community collaborative artwork–a magic carpet of paper flowers–made of paper and recycled materials. Watch for classes so you can participate in this fun community event. If you would like to be on the artist design team who will put the piece together or if you would like to teach a flower making class, please contact Art Director Valerie Vadala Homer at email@example.com or call 406.837.6927.
THANK YOU to our Hero Sponsors:
Mountain High Construction, Inc.
Walter & Nancy Kuhn
Shawna Benson Photography
Mandy Mohler, Field Guide Designs
Please join us for this unique, non-traditional art exhibition honoring these local heroes:
- Denny Kellogg, Tabby Ivy, Ed Gillenwater, Don Beans, Monte & Sandy Sanford, Hockaday (Women Artists of Glacier Park) and Bigfork, A Montana Story Projects
- Jesse Mahugh, Executive Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flathead County
- Jeremy Mahugh, co-founder and Senior VP, DeliverFund
- Mike Shea, Community Leader and Volunteer: Bigfork Fire Department, Meals on Wheels, Bigfork Food Bank
- Sharon Tillett, Community Leader and Volunteer
- Kim Rose, Threads Founder; Debbie Petek & Jamie Wenzel, Threads Lead Volunteers (Threads operates under the Bigfork Ladies Service Club)
- Leah Lindsay, Community Leader and Volunteer, B98 Radio
- R. Andrew (Drew) Buckner, Braveheart Captain
- Harry Wilson, Heroic water rescue of toddler
- Kedryn McElderny, Flathead LGBTQ & Youth Alliance
- Jim Bob Pierce, Chief Pilot & Director of Two Bear Air Rescue